Monday, July 7, 2008

- Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles

Where The Light Is: John Mayer Live In Los Angeles
I have never seen John Mayer perform live. This two disc set is the next best thing to watching him play live in the Nokia theater. He performs most of his hits here. I love the acoustic versions of "Daughters", "Neon" and a lesser known track entitled "Stop This Train". Mayer's cover of Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'" John can jam on the guitar like no musician I've seen this decade. I love his performances of the bluesy track "Vultures" and the fast pace of the track "Who Did You Think I Was" My other favorite tracks are "Waiting On The World To Change" and "Why Georgia". This are such happy songs that John performs with his band. I also love the song "Gravity". It is a slow paced track in which John displays his vocal skills. I love the music of John Mayer.

No comments: