Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pies Descalzos

Pies Descalzos
A very good production. First album known as the Official one (Magia and Peligro were a real disaster that anybody want to remember). Big hits as "Estoy aqui", "Donde estas corazon" that made history are in this album. So many feelings in the lyrics (Not as the last one "Ora Fixation vol 2", so commercial and superficial). Inside: full color pictures and the all song's lyrics. If you want to hear the real Shakira buy this album, great album from a great artist.

 
This is one of my fave records of all time...and I'm not even a Shakira fan! I came of age when Pies Descalzos exploded and it was like Shakira had taken my diary and poured all my thoughts and feelings into these songs. Shakira and I are about the same age,so she was around 16-17 when this record came out... I had my first love and my first heartbreak set to "Antologia", danced to "Estoy aqui" the first time I sneaked into a club, sang "Donde Estas corazon" at the top of my lungs with my gf's as we cruised the town when I "borrowed" my parents car(we thought we were sooo cool), and felt giddy with "Te espero sentada". One big chunk of the soundtrack of my life went with this record. I wish Shakira would make as heartfelt music as she did in Pies Descalzos...even with all the smoke and mirrors of her latter material, she still hasn't been able to duplicate the simple sincerity of this record.

No comments: