Wednesday, July 2, 2008

- Flavors Of Entanglement (Bonus Tracks) : by Alanis Morissette

Flavors Of Entanglement (Bonus Tracks)
Along with everyone else I was a big fan of Alanis's major label debut album, "Jagged Little Pill" back when it was released. However because a co-worker felt the need to play the album non-stop for about three months the album became annoying. I don't think I've listened to it since and haven't paid attention to any of Alanis's follow-up albums. Then last week I heard her perform one of her new songs on Howard Stern's radio show and decided to give the new album a shot. This is a great album from start to finish. She has grown a lot since "Pill" and the combination of her lyrics and Guy Sigsworth's production are a match made in heaven. There isn't a weak track on the disc but the piano ballad "Not As We" is a stand out track for me. "Straitjacket", "Underneath", "Moratorium" they're all great. The album is loaded with hooks and much like "Jagged Little Pill" this is a disc you will play over and over.

No comments: